Serves 15 to 20 People
- 4 (11 oz) cans mandarin orange slices
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (16 oz) cup sour cream
- 2 cups coconut
- 1/2 bag miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups chopped pecans
Drain and slice orange sections and cherries. Add drained pineapple and sour cream. Mix cheese ingredients well. Add remaining ingredients, stirring lightly. Refrigerate at least 12 hours before serving.
Makes 32 Sandwiches
- 2 boiled fryers, deboned
- 8 boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup sweet pickles, chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 to 1 pint mayonnaise
- onion salt
- garlic salt
Chop skinless, boneless chicken in food processor. Remove chicken. Chop eggs, pickles and celery separately. Mix all ingredients together, salting and peppering to taste.
Serves 100 People
- 11 1/2 heads of lettuce – Approximately, depending on size.
- 1 pound carrots, shredded
- 1 package radishes, sliced
Wash, drain and tear lettuce. Add carrots and radishes. Toss the ingredients. Use dressing of your choice. Just a dab of mayonnaise is great, per serving
Serves 100 People
- 1 gallon green beans, cut style
- 1 gallon yellow wax beans
- 1 gallon red kidney beans
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 5 medium onions, sliced and ringed
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped and sliced thin
- 1 cup salad oil (Crisco)
- 2 cups vinegar (dark)
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
Mix all ingredients and blend well. Pour over drained beans and turn gradually in large container, so as not to break the beans by stirring. Store in refrigerator 10 to 12 hours before serving.
Serves 50 People
- 1 cup pecans (optional)
- 4 cans mandarin oranges
- 4 lb crushed pineapple (drained) or 4 (16 oz) cans
- 32 oz Cool Whip
- 9 cups coconut
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups milk
Combine all ingredients. Mix well; chill one hour.
Serves 45 People
- 4 lb carrots, shredded
- 24 oz coconut
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger
- 3/4 jar mayonnaise
- 7 oz raisins
Put all together in glass bowl. Mix well; chill and serve. This will serve 45 people.
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salad dressing
- 1//4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 pint package frozen, thawed and drained
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches* or 1 pint package frozen, thawed and drained
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Red food coloring
Combine first 5 ingredients; beat until smooth. Fold in fruits and marshmallows. Whip cream, add a drop or two of food coloring for a delicate pink tint. Fold cream into fruit mixture. Pour into oblong pan (13″ x 9″) or lightly oiled muffin tins. Freeze. Cut into serving pieces. Wrap in plastic freezer film individually or in meal size portions, separating layers with freezer wrap. Store in freezer bag or freezer container at 0° F. until ready for use.
*Mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice with fresh peaches to prevent browning.
- 1 (16 oz) can cut green beans
- 1 (10 oz) can yellow wax beans
- 1 (16 oz) can red kidney beans
Drain above well, then add:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
Boil together, then cool the following:
- 1/2 c. vinegar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. Wesson oil
Pour over beans; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 1 pkg. lime jello
- 1 (10 oz) 7-Up
- 1 (18 oz) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (8 oz) pkg Philadelphia cream cheese, softened and mashed
Dissolve in boiler the 7-Up and jello; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the cream cheese and pineapple. Mix and pour in oblong Pyrex dish. Congeal till set. Nuts may be added, if desired.
- 2 cans sliced carrots
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/4 c. oil
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 1/4 c. sugar
Heat soup, oil, vinegar and sugar. Pour over vegetables. Serve cold.