- 1 package of cornbread/muffin mix
- 3 cups of cooked taco seasoned meat
- 1 (8 oz) cup of light sour cream
- 1 cup of colby jack, cheddar or mexican cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 1 medium chopped tomato
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
Prepare the cornbread in a large bowl according to the package instructions then spread it in an 8×8 sprayed pan.
In a preheated oven to 350°, bake the cornbread for 20 minutes.
In a bowl, mix together the sour cream, ¾ cup of cheese and onion.
Spread the meat over the cornbread then top with the creamy mixture.
Bake for 15 more minutes then sprinkle with tomato, lettuce and ¼ cup of cheese.