Mrs. Helen Jean Rainwater, PM
Farmerville, La. #207 OES Sec.
- 4 Tbsp oleo
- 4 large chopped onions
- 2 large chopped bell peppers
- minced garlic, optional
Cook till almost cooks away. For smaller amount, just till tender.
- 1 can tomato paste or tomatoes
- dash crushed rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp accent
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 tsp celery seed or salt
- 1 – 2 bay leaves (remove before serving)
- 1 tsp garlic powder (omit if use pods)
- 1 can okra, optional
- dash oregano
Stir in well and allow to cook till tomato flavoring almost cooks away. Takes a good bit of time.
- 1/2 cut water
- salt to taste
- 2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp, cleaned and deveined
Cover and cook till shrimp are tender and serve over hot fluffy rice.