Tressie Fomby Upshaw
- 1 cup butter or margarine (2 sticks)
- 4 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme (about 2 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can evaporated milk (1 2/3 cup)
- 8 (1 1/2 oz) milk chocolate bars, broken in pieces
- 1 (12 oz) package chocolate chips
- 2 cup chopped walnuts
Combine butter, sugar and evaporated milk in 3 quart heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium to low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Boil steadily over low heat 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep mixture at a fairly low boil all the time. The saucepan will be almost full of the cooking mixture.
Remove from heat. Add milk chocolate bars, chocolate chips, marshmallow creme and nuts; stir until chocolate is melted and blended into mixture.
Pour at once into 2 lightly buttered 9″ square pans. While warm, mark candy in each pan in 64 pieces, or pieces the size you like; when cool and firm, cut.
Makes about 5 1/2 pounds.