Tressie Fomby Upshaw
- 1 (12 oz) package chocolate chips
- 3 (4 oz) bars sweet cooking chocolate
- 1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme (about 2 cups)
- 4 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can evaporated milk (1 2/3 cup)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
Put chocolate chips, cooking chocolate and marshmallow creme in bowl.
Combine sugar, salt, butter and evaporated milk in 3 quart heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil steadily over medium heat 6 minutes (keep boiling all the time). Stir constantly to prevent scorching.
Pour boiling syrup over chocolate and marshmallow creme in bowl; beat until chocolate is melted. Stir in walnuts.
Pour into lightly buttered 13 x 9 x 2″ pan. Let cool until firm. Cut in 77 or the desired number of pieces. When cold, pack in airtight containers and store in a cold place.
Makes about 5 pounds.