Heat oven to 325°.
In small saucepan, saute in 2 Tbsp butter or oleo for 3 minutes:
- 1/2 cup (1 medium) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
Add 2 cups milk; heat just till bubbles appear around the edges.
Beat 3 eggs in large bowl. Stir in scalded milk mixture slowly.
Add 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese; stir till partially melted.
- 1 (12 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup chopped, cooked ham
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 3 Tbsp diced pimento
- 1 tsp salt
- dash pepper
Pour mixture into greased 8 x 8 x 2″ pan. Place in pan of hot water and bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crumbled corn chips or potato chips.
Bake 25 – 30 minutes longer or till knife inserted in center comes out clean.