Representative James P. Smith
Farmerville, La. #207 OES
- 20 Squirrels and other meats, deer, ducks, etc.
Cook meat off bone or well done so as to remove most bones. In this Broth, cook:
- 15 lbs Irish potatoes, diced
- 1 pkg Spaghetti
When potatoes are almost done add:
- 2 lbs onions, which have been cooked in oil
- 6 cans (no. 2) whole kernel Corn
- 6 cans (no. 2) English peas
- 2 cans (no. 2) tomatoes, mashed
- 2 lbs Rice
- 4 bottles Oyster hot catsup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Stir well and add 1/2 lb shortening for seasoning. Stir occasionally till ready to serve to prevent burning or sticking to bottom of cooker.
Serve with Bread or Crackers. A green salad goes well, along with a choice of desserts as Apple pie or Peach, with ice cream and cold drinks, tea or coffee.