- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon juice
- 2 cups sliced peaches (about 4 medium or 2 (10 1/2) package frozen peaches)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Mix sugars and cornstarch, stir in water, and cook until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and fruit. Turn into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mixture of 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
In a mixing bowl, sift together dry ingredients for topping. Add milk and margarine and beat until smooth. Spoon over fruit and sprinkle with sugar-nutmeg mixture. Bake at 375° for about 45 minutes.
***If frozen peaches are used, omit 1/4 cup granulated sugar.