Watermelon and Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1 bottle cooking spray
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 24 ounces fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup Splenda
- 3/4 cup fat-free half & half
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon peel, fine grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups liquid egg substitute (equivalent of 6 eggs)
- 3 cups liquified watermelon
- 6 teaspoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons Splenda
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 3 cups blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9″ diameter springform pan. Sprinkle graham crumbs in pan and tilt pan to spread evenly over bottom and sides, leaving extra crumbs on bottom.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and Splenda with an electric beater until creamy and well-blended. Slowly add half & half, lemon juice, lemon peel, and vanilla and continue to beat. Add egg substitute until mixture is thoroughly blended and creamy. Pour into crumb-lined pan.
4. Place springform pan in large roasting pan. Pour enough water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan (no higher or water will bubble into cheesecake during baking). Bake cheesecake until firm, slightly golden, and top is cracked, about 1 hour 25 minutes. Remove springform pan from water and refrigerate uncovered until cold, about 3 hours or overnight.
5. To prepare watermelon-blueberry sauce: Place liquified watermelon, cornstarch, lemon juice, sugar, and Splenda in a blender and whip until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to gentle boil (topping should begin to thicken). Remove from heat and place in refrigerator to cool. Just before serving, add lemon extract, diced watermelon, and blueberries and stir to thoroughly blend.
6. To serve: Run knife around sides of cheesecake and remove springform pan sides. Top each slice with a generous helping of the watermelon-blueberry sauce.