Tressie Fomby Upshaw
Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, saute ground beef, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper over high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until beef is browned; drain liquid then stir in spaghetti sauce.
- Open English muffins and place the halves on a baking sheet; bake 6 to 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Remove muffins from oven and spoon beef mixture evenly over them. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over beef.
- Bake muffins 7 to 8 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Makes 12 mini pizzas