Tressie Fomby Upshaw
Cooking Time:40 min
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus extra for topping
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups flour, the butter, and 1 cup confectioners’ sugar; mix until crumbly. Press into bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish to form a crust; bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat remaining 1/2 cup flour, the granulated sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and lemon extract until well blended. Pour over hot crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until set.
- Allow to cool then cut into squares. Dust with extra confectioners’ sugar and serve.
Makes 12 to 15 squares.